I've heard about this activity "Kindy 500" all year but wasn't sure what it was. I was sent home with a note informing me that I would need to make a vehicle (car, truck, airplane, etc) out of a box that he could drive around. I turned that job over to Cory. Then on Friday we got to go to school with Jade and see all the kindergartners show off their vehicles. From there the kids were given a driver's license and key and were off on a road trip. The road trip took them to various patriotic sites. There was the Lincoln Memorial, Betsy Ross, Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, the eagle, the White House, and the Liberty Bell. At each station the kid learned about that site and was given a small token (picture, mini item) to remember it. It was such a cute idea and was so fun to see. I even learned a few things. Now Jaden is ready for a real road trip to see all these fun things.
Saturday, March 07, 2009
Jaden's Kindy 500
Posted by Bonnie at 3:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
This is possibly the CUTEST school idea I have ever, ever seen. I bet Jaden ate it up. His car was super cool-Dad is awesome! Thanks for sharing your road trip Jaden!
What a great idea!! It looks like the kids had a ball. I'm lovin Jaden's car too- it looks great! Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!
What a fun, but I'm sure stressful, project. Sounds like a fun way to teach the kids. Jaden's car turned out great and I love the tank and ambulance.
Post a Comment